Wednesday 7 February 2018

Bones Under the Beach Hut

Bones Under the Beach Hut (Fethering, #12)Bones Under the Beach Hut by Simon Brett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It’s a very light read, but I loved it. Simon Brett makes the process of writing look effortless.

Amateur sleuth Carole Seddon takes over the use of a beach hut on snooty Smalting beach, only to set in motion a grisly discovery: there are human remains buried beneath it. She and her new age friend Jude investigate, uncovering everybody’s dirty little secrets in the process.

In my favourite part of the book, Carole discovers that one of her neighbours is secretly a writer—well, not quite a writer but a would be writer. It’s a hilarious, cheeky snipe. Oh, he got it so right! If I were to tell you about it, however, it would spoil you discovering it for yourself.

I would happily read more in this series, and probably will.

But that’s just my own humble opinion…what do you think? Do let me know! Read for the Crime & Thrillers reading group that I attend at Canada Water Library, and also for my 2015 Goodreads reading challenge.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment