Wednesday 7 February 2018

The Poisoning in the Pub

The Poisoning in the Pub (Fethering, #10)The Poisoning in the Pub by Simon Brett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ted Crisp’s pub, the Crown and Anchor, starts experiencing an unfortunate run of setbacks. First a bout of food poisoning, then an influx of rowdy bikers, who adopt it as their local. Amateur sleuth Carole Seddon and her sleuthing friend-and-neighbour Jude begin to suspect that someone is orchestrating a campaign of dirty tricks against Ted, a campaign that includes a person being stabbed to death on the premises. But who is behind it and why?

I think I enjoyed this even more than Bones Under the Beach Hut. As a Learning Disabilities teacher, I was particularly impressed by the way Brett drew three of his characters, each of whom has a learning difficulty. I could recognize them all.

I would happily read more of this series, if I can find the time. But that’s just my own humble opinion…what do you think? Do let me know! Read for my 2015 Goodreads reading challenge.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment